did watch Salem’s Lot last week. It is loosely based on the book by Stephen King. It has David Soul, James Mason, Lance Kerwin, Bonnie Bedelia, Lew Ayres, Julie Cobb, George Dzundza, Ed Flanders, Geoffrey Lewis, Barney McFadden, Kenneth McMillan, Fred Willard, James Gallery, and Reggie Nalder in it.
Warning: there is a lot of violence and gory scenes.
Quick Summary: The movie is about a town called Salem’s Lot which gets overtaken by vampires.
Here are the differences between the book and movie: 1. The characters names are different. Matt Burke is James Burke, and Floyd Tibbets is Ned Tebbets.
2. The doctor in the book is not Susan’s father. The doctor in the book is Dr. Cody.
3. In the book, Larry Crockett wasn’t having an affair with Bonnie Sawyer. In the book, it was an electrician.
4. The doctor dies on the stairs in the cellar. In the movie, Susan’s father gets impaled upstairs.
5. In the book, Mark kills Straker before his parents die.
6. In the book, Ben kills Susan before he kills Barlow. In the movie, he kills Barlow, then Susan finds him at the end of the movie.
7. All the vampires in the book have red eyes. In the movie, they have greenish eyes.
Even though there were differences, I did like the movie.