I watched Odd Thomas on Friday. It is based on the book by Dean Koontz. It has Anton Yelchin, Ashley Sommers, Matthew Page, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Addison Timlin, and Willem Dafoe.
Big Warning: there is some violence and that one big sad part.
Like I said this movie was the main reason I did the book to movie marathon. There are slight differences between the book and movie. One main difference is that Elvis is a ghost he sees in the book, not a cardboard cutout. Another difference is that he visits his mother and dad. I just read an article saying Dean Koontz loves the movie. He says the mother and dad scenes were too dark in front of a test audience. He also mentions that Odd was a sculptor and not a writer in the movie (which I didn’t notice). I do agree with Dean Koontz that the music was really good in the movie. I think they a great job with the creatures too. I still would have written the ending differently.
Even though the differences, it was a great movie. I looked up to see if there will be a sequel and there won’t be. The guy who played Odd died in a car accident in real life. Next week (or maybe Friday) I’m watching A Monster Calls.
I did watch The Silver Linings Playbook. I ordered it from Overdrive. They do have movies too. The movie is based on the book by Matthew Quick (which I listened to last week). The movie has Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver, Chris Tucker, Anupam Kher, John Ortiz, Julia Stiles, and Brea Bee.
Warning: there is some violence.
There are lots of differences between the book and movie. Two main differences are four years passed when he got out the institution, not six months and he doesn’t remember what happened to him until he watches the wedding video in the book.
Some other differences:
1. the dance competition wasn’t a competition in the book.
2. the song they danced to was different in the book.
3. they danced better in the book.
4. it tells in the movie he is bipolar. In the book, it doesn’t say what he has. (I think it is more than bipolar.)
5. Pat doesn’t know Danny is out until he is attacked in the book.
6. Pat doesn’t tell Tiffany he loves her in the book. She tells him I need you at the end of the book which is her saying she loves him.
7. there was no betting in the book.
I liked the book better. Next week I’m watching Odd Thomas.
If you want to see it, you can get it at Amazon.com.
I did watch The Book Thief yesterday. It is based on the book by Markus Zusak. I read it last week. I loved the book. The movie has Roger Allam, Sophie Nélisse, Heike Makatsch, Julian Lehmann, Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson, and Nico Liersch.
Warning: one very sad part, and some violence.
There were some differences between the book and the movie. Liesel’s receives two books from Max in the book. The first one wasn’t a journal. The story of her life was called The Book Thief in the book. Death finds it and gives it back to her at the end. And there were some other small differences.
Even though there were differences, it was a great movie just like the book. Next week I’m watching The Silver Linings Playbook. I will finish listening to the book today.
I did watch Maximum Ride. I had seen it on Netflix thinking it was a tv series, but it was a movie. It is based on the book series by James Patterson. I just read the first book. It has Allie Marie Evans, Patrick Johnson, Lyliana Wray, Luke Gregory Crosby, Gavin Lewis, Tetona Jackson, Zayne Emory, and Peter O’Brien.
Big Warning: there is some violence.
There are some differences between the book and movie:
1. Angel is taken when they are picking strawberries in the book.
2. Gazzy and Iggy are the ones that stay home. Nudge does go to rescue Angel in the book. 3. Max is alone when fighting for the girl. And there were several guys she was fighting not one.
4. Max doesn’t kill Ari until they go to NYC in the book.
5. Angel is the one who tells them about NYC.
6. Jeb tells Max she is to save the world and he also tells her that Ari is her brother in the book.
Even though the movie had slight differences, it was an awesome movie. But there isn’t a sequel. But I did find out there is a Youtube webseries of the books. I will be checking that out in a few days. Next week I’m watching The Book Thief.
I actually watched the movie on Friday. I wanted to see how badly the movie was loosely based on the book Cross by James Patterson. It has Tyler Perry, Edward Burns, Matthew Fox, Jean Reno, Carmen Ejogo, Cicely Tyson, and Rachel Nichols in it.
Warning: there is some violence.
There were several differences between the book and the movie.
1. The main difference is that the guy is called the Butcher, not Picasso.
2. He does have pictures he shows his victims, but they aren’t drawings. He doesn’t draw in the book. 3. The book takes place in D.C. and Alex works for the FBI.
4. The Butcher/Picasso doesn’t kill Maria. Someone else does.
5. The Butcher/Picasso works for the mob. The mob wasn’t even mentioned in the movie.
6. His partner is named Sampson in the book and he doesn’t have a girlfriend who gets killed in the book.
Even though there were many differences, it was a pretty good movie. Next week I’m watching The Book Thief.
Ever since I had seen the commercials of this movie, I have been wanting to see it. Sing is an animated movie. It has Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Seth MacFarlane, Scarlett Johansson, John C. Reilly, Taron Egerton, and Tori Kelly.
Sing is about a koala who owns a theater. But he was about to lose his theater because he couldn’t get big-time shows. He gets an idea of a singing contest. But his secretary messes up the flyers for the contest. The animals end up finding out there won’t be a prize and then the theater collapsed. The animals wanted to have the show anyway, but the koala said no. Then he heard Meena sing (who has stage fright) and he decided to have the show anyway. The show was a hit.
I loved this movie. It was so cute. I also loved the music in it too. I’m going to start a book to movie marathon next week. The first movie is Alex Cross.
I know this is strange to see me on Sunday. Friday I got stuck watching the 1946 Beauty and the Beast movie. It was all in French even though the title of the youtube video said it was in English. It was ok because I do know some French. It was a really good movie.
Then I decided to watch the rest of The Handmaid’s Tale which was three episodes. It was good if you can call it good. The show goes a little beyond the book. One main difference was that her husband is killed in the book. In the show, he escapes to Canada. The show and the book do end the same, but the movie ends differently. It is still scary to think it could happen. There are people who would twist the Scriptures to be able to control people.