I watched the remake Pet Sematary. I watched it on the computer. It has Jason Clarke, Amy Seimetz, John Lithgow, Jeté Laurence, Hugo Lavoie, Obssa Ahmed, Alyssa Brooke Levine, Frank Schorpion, and Linda E. Smith in it.
Warning: there is lots of violence and some gross parts.
Quick Summary: Lewis Creed and his family moved to Maine. He is a doctor at an university. There is a path near his house that leads to a pet cemetery. Beyond the pet sematary is a burial ground that brings thing back to life.
The differences between the original, the book, and this movie:
1. Ellie is the one who gets killed by the truck. Not Gage as in the book and original movie.
2. The cat gets killed at Halloween. In the original movie and book, Church is killed at Thanksgiving while Rachel and the kids are away.
3. They were from Chicago in the original move and book. In this movie, they are from Boston.
4. Jud’s dog is Spot in the book and original movie. In this movie, the dog is Biffer.
5. Rachel is the one who suggests going away when Ellie is killed, but in the original movie and book, Lewis is the one who suggests it.
6. Ellie “seems” normal. Unlike Gage in the original movie and book.
7. Ellie is the one who discovers the pet sematary by herself.
8. Lewis finds info on his computer about stuff that Jud tells him in the original movie and book. The bull, and Mr. Bateman
9. The ending way different. Ellie kills her mother and brings her back to life and then Rachel kills Lewis and brings him back to life. They end up going after Gage who is in the car.
I think I like the original movie better. Monday I’m watching The Detective which is a Father Brown movie.