I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Harrows by J K Rowling. It is the last book of the Harry Potter book series. There are seven books in the Harry Potter book series.
Since most people have seen the movies and read the books, here’s a quick summary. Harry and his friends decide not to go back to school and go out searching for the horcruxes. They also receive gifts from Dumbledore which help them with the quest. Ron gets mad and storms off, but then he comes to Harry’s aid. They discover about a tale that is actually true and the tale helps them in their quest. Harry learns more about Dumbledore and Snape. He defeats Lord Voldemort.
Differences between the movies (part 1 and 2) and the book:
- Harry does celebrate his birthday for few short minutes in the book.
- Harry finds a baby picture of himself and a letter from his mother in Regulus Arcturus Black’s room.
- They don’t stun all three employees of the ministry of magic in the book. One is made sick which causes them to be revealed.
- There a lot of differences of some things spoken in the book and some things in the movie.
- Ron doesn’t get the radio until he reconnects with them later on in the book.
- Harry and Hermione doesn’t dance in the book.
- Harry tells the secrets to Lord Voldmort in the book when they are dueling.
- Harry doesn’t destroy the wand at the end of book like in the movie. He tells Dumbledore that he will put it back where it came from.
I loved this book. I’m going to reading next Affliction by Laurell K Hamilton. It is the twenty second book of Anita Blake book series.
I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. This is the sixth book of the Harry Potter book series. There is seven books of the Harry Potter book series.
Big Warning: there is one sad, sad part.
Since most people have seen the movies and read the book, here’s a quick summary: Harry Potter gets a potion book that a person called Half Blood Prince used to own. The potion book has more than potions and Harry uses the book to score some nice potions in potions class. Harry also is asked by Dumbledore to attend some lessons with him. The lessons are memories about Tim Riddle who becomes Lord Voldemort. He learns a great deal about Tim Riddle’s past. He also spies on Draco who is up to no good. Harry also gets a memory repaired from the potion teacher. He later learns who the Half-Blood Prince is.
Differences between movie and book:
- There are more lessons Harry takes with Dumbledore in the book than in the movie.
- Harry is at his uncle’s house at the beginning of the book. In the movie he is at diner.
- Dumbledore tells Harry that he wants to teach him in a shed in the book, not at the school.
- Harry lands in the infirmary after a quitch match in the book.
- Ron doesn’t say Hermione’s name while in the infirmary in the book.
- Dumbledore’s funeral is in the book.
I did like this book. I’m listening to next Harry Potter and the Deathly Harrows by J.K. Rowling. It is the last book of the Harry Potter book series.
I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. It is the fourth book of the Harry Potter book series. There is a movie based on the book. I did watch it.
Big Warning: there is some violence and some gross parts.
Since most people have read this book and seen the movie, here’s a quick summary: Harry Potter and his friends get to see the Quiddich World Cup tournament. Before they do, Harry has a dream about Lord Voldemort which made his scar hurt. Later at school, they find out there will be a tournament at the school between their school and two other magic schools. Harry’s name get pulled out of the goblet of fire even thou he is too young to fight in the tournament. He does the tasks and finds out who is really behind putting his name in the goblet of fire.
There are some differences between the book and movie:
1. Harry doesn’t tell his friends about the scar until later on in the book.
2. The first task wasn’t that dramatic in the book. It was quicker too. (I like the book version of the first task)
3. In the book, you find out the scores and what happened to others in the first task.
4. In the book, Harry gets the seaweed from Dobby the house elf.
5. In the book, the third task has a lot of magical creatures in the maze.
6. In the book, you learn more about Lord Voldemort.
7. In the book, Hermione is on a mission to get house elves treated better.
8. Harry and his friends do meet his godfather and he tells him some stuff. In the movie, Harry only talks to him once.
I think I liked the book more because it had a lot of more detail. I did like the movie though. I did put the fifth book (audiobook) on hold. Now I’m reading Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo. It’s a DC young adult book.
I finished listening
to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. It is the third
book of the Harry Potter book series.
Warning: there is some violence and some sad parts.
Since everyone knows
about these books here’s a quick summary: Harry Potter gets a surprise visit
from a prisoner of the prison Azkaban. The prisoner is Sirius Black. Sirius is
Harry’s godfather. Everyone thinks Sirius is guilty, but Harry and his friends
discover the truth.
Here is the
differences between the book and movie:
- Harry does three tries to get rid of the Azkaban’s guards. The movie has two tries.
- Harry doesn’t tell Lupin that the happy thought was his dad in the book.
- Harry gets the broom at Christmas in the book and everyone knows about it. The broom appears at the end of the movie.
- Harry goes to Hog’s Mead twice in the book. He uses the cloak the second time.
I loved this book.
Now I’m listening to Flirt by Laurell K Hamilton. It is 18th book of the Anita
Blake book series.
I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J K Rowling. It is the second book of the Harry Potter book series.
Warning: there is a little bit of violence and gross parts.
Since everyone knows the story here’s a quick summary: Harry Potter enters his second year at Hogwarts. Harry and his friends discover the meaning behind some mysterious writings on the wall and the voices Harry hears.
I watched the movie and there are a few differences between the movie and book:
1. In the book, Harry is invited to a ghost DeathDay party in the book. The movie doesn’t show the party.
2. When Harry arrives at the Wesley house, they were found by Mrs. Wesley outside who orders them to tend to the garden in the book. The movie doesn’t show this.
3. Harry doesn’t fall out the flying car in the book.
4. Harry looks at the KwikSpell letter in the book. He doesn’t really read it in the movie.
5. Professor Binns’ history is where they learn about the history of the Chamber of Secrets.
6. Draco doesn’t see the golden snitch in the book.
7. Ginny tries to tell Harry something, but Percy stops her in the book.
I did like this book. I’m reading next Cell by Stephen King. It is my next book to movie book.
I finished listening to Harry Potter book 1 by J. K. Rowling. There is a movie based on it. I had seen the movie a long time ago and I decided to listen to the books now. I also taped the movie and watched it.
Warning: there is some violence.
Since most people know about the books and movies, here’s a quick summary: A boy named Harry Potter finds out on his eleventh birthday that he is a wizard. He also finds out what really happened to his parents.
The movie mostly follows the book. The only differences are the forest scene and the part where they go get the stone.
I think I liked the movie more now than I did before since listening to the movie. I liked both. Now I’m reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. Yes, I know there is an HBO show of the book. I taped the first episode of the show. Also, my next book to movie book will be Murder on the Oriental Train by Agatha Christie.