I finished reading The Two Towers by J.R. R. Tolkien. It is the second (third if you count The Hobbit as the first) book in the Lord of The Rings book series. There is a movie based on the book and yes, I have seen it.
Big Warning: there is some violence.
Since most people have either read the books series or seen the movie, here’s a short summary.
The ring company is broken. The journey is three parts. The captured hobbits, the hunter tracking them, and the ring bearer. The captured hobbits escapes into a forest with talking and walking trees. The hunters tracking them lose them until Gandalf shows up. He was grey and now white. Gandalf tells them about where the escaped hobbits went to. They end up saving a kingdom with Gandalf’s help. The escaped hobbits become part of a war with the trees and Saruman. Then they found out Gandalf is now back. The ring bearer and his friend has help with Gollum to make it to Mondor.
Here’s differences between book and movie:
- One big difference is in the movie, the escaped hobbits has to talk the trees into starting the war. In the book, they don’t, Treebeard and the trees decided on their own to go to war.
- There is no love story. Aragon doesn’t mention his age in the book.
- Gandalf doesn’t know how Saruman is talking to the enemy in the book until he finds the ball. In the movie he already knew.
- Some of the events are messed up in the movie.
- Aragon isn’t the one hurt in the attack in the book. In the book it is the dwarf who gets hurt.
I liked this book. Now I’m reading The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien.