I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Harrows by J K Rowling. It is the last book of the Harry Potter book series. There are seven books in the Harry Potter book series.
Since most people have seen the movies and read the books, here’s a quick summary. Harry and his friends decide not to go back to school and go out searching for the horcruxes. They also receive gifts from Dumbledore which help them with the quest. Ron gets mad and storms off, but then he comes to Harry’s aid. They discover about a tale that is actually true and the tale helps them in their quest. Harry learns more about Dumbledore and Snape. He defeats Lord Voldemort.
Differences between the movies (part 1 and 2) and the book:
- Harry does celebrate his birthday for few short minutes in the book.
- Harry finds a baby picture of himself and a letter from his mother in Regulus Arcturus Black’s room.
- They don’t stun all three employees of the ministry of magic in the book. One is made sick which causes them to be revealed.
- There a lot of differences of some things spoken in the book and some things in the movie.
- Ron doesn’t get the radio until he reconnects with them later on in the book.
- Harry and Hermione doesn’t dance in the book.
- Harry tells the secrets to Lord Voldmort in the book when they are dueling.
- Harry doesn’t destroy the wand at the end of book like in the movie. He tells Dumbledore that he will put it back where it came from.
I loved this book. I’m going to reading next Affliction by Laurell K Hamilton. It is the twenty second book of Anita Blake book series.