I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. It is the fourth book of the Harry Potter book series. There is a movie based on the book. I did watch it.
Big Warning: there is some violence and some gross parts.
Since most people have read this book and seen the movie, here’s a quick summary: Harry Potter and his friends get to see the Quiddich World Cup tournament. Before they do, Harry has a dream about Lord Voldemort which made his scar hurt. Later at school, they find out there will be a tournament at the school between their school and two other magic schools. Harry’s name get pulled out of the goblet of fire even thou he is too young to fight in the tournament. He does the tasks and finds out who is really behind putting his name in the goblet of fire.
There are some differences between the book and movie:
1. Harry doesn’t tell his friends about the scar until later on in the book.
2. The first task wasn’t that dramatic in the book. It was quicker too. (I like the book version of the first task)
3. In the book, you find out the scores and what happened to others in the first task.
4. In the book, Harry gets the seaweed from Dobby the house elf.
5. In the book, the third task has a lot of magical creatures in the maze.
6. In the book, you learn more about Lord Voldemort.
7. In the book, Hermione is on a mission to get house elves treated better.
8. Harry and his friends do meet his godfather and he tells him some stuff. In the movie, Harry only talks to him once.
I think I liked the book more because it had a lot of more detail. I did like the movie though. I did put the fifth book (audiobook) on hold. Now I’m reading Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo. It’s a DC young adult book.