I watched the movie Cell before I finished the book because it was driving me crazy. The book is by Stephen King. I taped it when Showtime was a free preview. I watched it with Chris. Chris liked the movie, but not the ending. It has John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson, Isabelle Fuhrman, Clark Sarullo, Ethan Andrew Casto, Owen Teague, Joshua Mikel, Anthony Reynolds, and Erin Elizabeth Burns in it.
Warning: there is lots of violence and gross parts. Warning 2: there is a sad part and I don’t like the ending.
Quick Summary: there is a cell phone signal that makes people go crazy. A few people don’t go crazy. One person is Clay Riddell who tries to get to his son and ex-wife.
Here are the differences between the book and movie:
1. The book doesn’t start at an airport, but a park.
2. Clay doesn’t own a cell phone in the book.
3. Alice doesn’t have a cell phone either in the book.
4. Clay meets Tom in the park, and they meet Alice in a hotel.
5. Tom has a cat. In the movie, Clay has a cat and an apartment.
6. Alice gets killed by a mean guy. In the movie, Alice gets killed by people who gets turned into crazy people.
7. In the book, Alice doesn’t dream about the red hoodie man. In the movie, she has a dream about him.
8. The dream they have different in the book. They are on a stage and the red hoodie man calls them insane.
9. The headmaster is killed by the red hoodie man in the book.
10. In the book, Tom, Clay, Jordan, Dan, and Denise kill the crazies near the end of the book.
11. At the end of the book, Clay finds his son and resets him. The ending of the movie, he has a dream that he finds him and he becomes one of the crazies.
I didn’t like the ending, but the movie was ok. I think the book was a lot better though. Monday I’m watching Gifted. I’m watching A Wrinkle in Time as soon as I finish listening to the book.