I watched A Wrinkle in Time. There is a book that the movie is based on by Madeleine L’Engle which I finished listening to. I watched it on Netflix. It has Storm Reid, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Levi Miller, Deric McCabe, Chris Pine, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Zach Galifianakis, and Michael Peña in it.
Warning: there is a little bit of violence.
Quick Summary: There is a girl named Meg whose her father went missing. Her father is a scientist. Meg, her brother Charles Wallace , and a boy named Calvin go on a wild journey to find Meg’s father.
Here is the differences between the book and movie:
1. There was no wall and storm when they go to the dark planet in the book.
2. Calvin doesn’t fall off when flying in the book.
3. They meet the red eye man in a room not a beach in the book.
4. They meet two other guys in the book before going to the Central Central Intelligence.
5. They see Meg’s father in a cell in the book.
6. Meg’s father take her out of the room with It. They land on another planet and she’s frozen in the book.
7. Meg’s father doesn’t see Meg at first in the book. In the movie, they see each other.
8. The creatures on the other planet help Meg unfreeze in the book.
9. The three W’s tell Meg that she has to go back to save her brother in the book. In the movie, when her father tries to take her away from It, she doesn’t leave.
Even though there were some differences, it is a good movie and I did like it. Next Monday I’m watching Snow White: A Tale of Terror. I will also be watching Dark Places once I finish the book.