City of Bones is the first book of the Mortal Instruments book series by Cassandra Clare. There are six books in the series. I already listened to the second book City of Ashes.
Warning: there is some violence and a hint of incest.
City of Bones is about a 15-year-old girl named Clary Fray who discovers that she is not quite human. She meets three other teenagers who are shadowhunters who kill demons. She also learns that the guy she fell in love with is actually her brother. And her father is the villain, Valentine.
The differences between the show and movie:
1. Luke is not a police officer.
2. Luke, I think, is a white guy.
3. Simon gets turned into a rat.
4. Simon doesn’t tell Clary he loves her until the second book.
5. The Mortal cup gets taken by Valentine.
6. The final battle takes place in a mental hospital.
7. Simon doesn’t turn into a vampire until the second book.
When I listened to this book, I thought the voices of Jace, Alec, and Isabelle was wrong. They had an English accent. But when I watched the movie, they had that same accent. So I was wrong. I finished reading The Rules of Thoughts by James Dashner which I will post tomorrow. I’m hoping to read next Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi and then maybe the third book City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.
You can find the City of Bones at Kobo, Walmart, Amazon, and/or Wordery.
Dog Reads Reads of Summer for $2.99 or less The biggest books, now at smaller prices This Summer’s bestselling Thrillers for Less – 200 under £2 Escapist Reads for Less