This week’s movie is The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. It was made in 2013. It is based on the first book of the book series by Cassandra Clare. It has Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Zegers, Jemima West, Robert Sheehan, Lena Headey, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and Aidan Turner.
Warning: there are some violence and some hint of incest.
The differences between the show and the movie:
1. Luke is not a police officer.
2. Luke is a white guy, not black.
3. Hodge is an old guy and more of a tutor than a martial artist.
4. In the movie, Clary doesn’t give Valentine the Mortal cup. She carries it in her jacket pocket.
5. Magnus Bane is more an Asian in the movie. (I actually the guy in the show better than the one played in the movie.)
6. The final battle doesn’t take place at the Institute. In the show, it takes place in a hospital.
My mother gave me this movie. I had watched it before and I didn’t really like it. But after reading the first book, I actually really liked it. I will be posting about the first book tomorrow.
You can the movie at Amazon.com, and at Walmart.com.